Saturday, August 10, 2013

This is the life!

Me & Gen about to get our grub on at Black Bear Diner.


Yikes! What a jam-packed weekend...and it's only Saturday evening! ha! I spent the better part of yesterday at every teacher store in town searching for bulletin board pretties & then spent the rest of the day actually decorating my Sunday School classroom. Then, today, it was soul-winning breakfast, finishing up the decorations, back home to get everyone ready, then back to the church for a wedding & reception! Somewhere between the I Do's & the cake, I realized how tired I was & decided there was NO way I was going to be able to grocery shop & cook dinner. Hubs totally came to the rescue with Black Bear Diner! (Seriously, he's the best.) Goodness, it was nice to just sit-down with the fam and enjoy huge meal prepared by someone else. =D





But, the day was (is!) far from over. I still had to do some laminating at Staples, come up with a tasty treat for my class, shop for the ingredients for said treat, then come home and make it. All while prepping my SS lesson, cutting the laminated stuffs, loading the ever-famous Church Bag & making sure the kids were in bed on time. *phew!* I'm exhausted!

All of that being said, I'm feeling pretty great today. I love working for my family & my church. God has given me a gift/talent/ability or whatever you want to call it, for all things children's ministry. I enjoy every minute of it! The lessons, the games, the songs, the prizes, the good days, the bad days and all that's in-between. There isn't anything I'd rather do for The Lord with regards to service. I'd give up choir & specials in an instant if I had to chose. Yup. I love it that much. No matter how crazy busy I get, no matter what gets forgotten and done at the very last second, no matter who shows up, no matter the attitude of the kids, it's the most rewarding thing I've ever done. (Obviously, not including motherhood.) God is so good to me!

Tomorrow is Promotion Sunday, so I'd better get off line & finish up all my prep. I hope you are able to make it to the Lord's house tomorrow! Good night and God bless you, my friends. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment