Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Memorial Day 2014

I absolutely LOVE patriotic holidays!! 


 <3 Jo, Dan, Ben & Gen <3 




I come from a God-fearing military-filled family (not my dad, but both grandpas, uncle, brother, cousins, etc), and patriotism, like Christianity, is more than just something we've practiced on holidays, but have lived each and every day.

When the national holidays roll around, I do my best to spend time focusing on their meaning.

Memorial Day is a rough one.

So many have given their lives for the freedoms we now share.

Their sacrifice moves me to tears, demands my gratitude, and challenges me to be a better American.

I thank God for those men & women who have given, or have been ready to give their all in the name of freedom.

This quote from Ronald Reagan was in my fb status on Monday.

"I have no illusions about what little I can add now to the silent testimony of those who gave their lives willingly for their country. Words are even more feeble on this Memorial Day, for the sight before us is that of a strong and good nation that stands in silence and remembers those who were loved and who, in return, loved their countrymen enough to die for them." 

I love this country! God bless America!!!

Here are a few pictures of our family celebrating Memorial Day at our annual church picnic.

Enjoy!

Family, friends, food and fun! 

More than watching, I love hearing the kids on the playground. Their laughs and screams fill my heart! 

Seriously, is there anyone cuter in the Universe?! 
95* weather? Who cares?! Let's play ball!!! 



I hope you all were able to enjoy your Memorial Day weekend with your loved ones!

Thank you for stopping by!

God bless you!


No comments:

Post a Comment