Friday, September 13, 2013

4 Simple Words: Bacon Cheeseburger Egg Rolls.

Oh. My. Word.

This is one of the guiltiest pleasures I've ever had. 

If you're familiar with making egg rolls, then it's a total cinch! You basically omit the veggies, add bacon & cheese, fry & voila! A very tasty treat for the whole family.

If you're not familiar with making egg rolls, you're in luck - I took pictures! And, I'm willing to share.

Yup. I'm that amazing.

So, without wasting any time, I present to you:

Bacon. Cheeseburger. Egg Rolls.

Ingredients are as follows:

2lbs ground beef
1 onion
2 cloves garlic (I'm pretty sure I used at least 4. ha!)
1 package bacon (I bought the cheap stuff & it turned out just fine.)
2 packages egg roll wrappers
Vegetable oil
Shredded cheddar cheese (I'll have to get the good stuff next time. It must have that strong cheese flavor, or it sorta flops. Lesson learned.)
1 egg
Lots of paper towels
Tongs



Step 1: Pour the oil into a pot. Turn pot to a medium high heat & let sit

Step 2: Fry the bacon in a frying pan.

Step 3: While the bacon is cooking, dice the onion and mince the garlic.

Step 4:When the bacon is crispy enough, take out of the frying pan & place on paper towels to drain grease.

Step 5: Place the onion, garlic and ground beef in the same frying pan & cook 'till browned.

Step 6: Chop whatever bacon you didn't eat while browning the meat.  Mmm...bacon.

Step 7: Gather up the meat, bacon, cheese, wrappers and egg, and get to wrapping!


Step 8: fill & wrap as many as you can get with the ingredients. I think I had 10 wrappers left over. 

**To Fill: Place the meat down in the middle of the wrapper, crumble bacon on top, then add the **Wrap by folding the sides in first, and then rolling. (The package will have directions.) 
**Seal with the egg. 

So pretty! But, seriously, they didn't all turn out this perfect. lol
Step 9: Take your beautifully wrapped egg rolls to the stove & fry 'em up!


Step 10: Place on several layers of paper towel to soak up extra grease.

Step 11: ENJOY!!!

Egg rolls are the main course in this house. We serve them up with piles of steaming hot white rice & several sauces for dipping. For this version, we served it with: Ketchup, Yellow Mustard, Sweet Chili Sauce & Sweet Hot Mustard.




Oh. Man. So. Good!

I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!

2 comments:

  1. I have leftover rolls from my Southwestern egg rolls. I'm going to have to try this. How simple and yummy?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Use a heavy cheddar cheese. I used Walmart finely shredded cheese & it basically melted into nothingness. Next time, I may use chunks. LMK how it turns out!

      Delete